I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson.

debt clock

Friday, November 19, 2010

Pretty Good for Government Work ???

For those of you who read Warren Buffett's vomit inducing op-ep in the NYT yesterday, http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/17/opinion/17buffett.html?_r=2&emc=eta1, I found the following spoof on what he should have said amusing.




"I would be remiss if I failed to mention my personal positions in this: I made a killing in Goldman Sachs and GE. My investments in Wells Fargo would have been a disaster if not for you. Don’t even get me started with me being the largest shareholder in Moody’s – that was some clusterf#@k. And considering all of the counter-parties that Berkshire Hathaway has, we risked being just another insolvent investment firm along with everyone else had nothing been done.So I must say thanks to you, Uncle Sam, and your aides. In this extraordinary emergency, you came through for me — and my world looks far different than if you had not.



Your grateful but wide-eyed nephew,



Warren."



To read the whole piece-http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2010/11/dear-uncle-sucker/

No comments:

Post a Comment