I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson.

debt clock

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Best of Jim Cook, Opportunity Of A Lifetime

June 18, 2010
Last week I had to prepare a two page advertisement promoting silver for Forbes Magazine and U.S. News and World Report. I also spent an hour on Howard Ruff’s conference call to his subscribers talking about silver. It caused me to review all the bullish aspects of silver. Consequently my enthusiasm for silver reached a new high. As I said on the Ruff interview, I’ve committed my personal assets to silver because I believe this is an opportunity like no other. I see it as a fortune builder. I think silver offers a way to get filthy rich.



I’ve been studying finance, reading economics, investing in stock, drilling for oil, digging for gold, putting money in start-up companies, buying krugerrands or silver coins and running a business for most of my life. My book on starting a business made it to the best seller list. My novel predicted and described the economic crisis we are going through.



My library at home is overflowing with books on how to succeed, how to invest and how to get rich. I’ve studied the lives of Carnegie, Ford, Edison, Sloan, Rockefeller, Giannini, Swift, Ogilvie, Penney, Woolworth, Wannamaker, DuPont, Templeton, Heinz and Hershey to name a few. I’ve learned how to succeed and how to make money. I’ve persisted in the face of failure and adversity. I’ve hung on when nothing worked and fought back my fears a thousand nights. I’ve stood my ground when the government tried to crush me and outlasted them on faith alone.



Napoleon Hill taught me, “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe it can achieve.” Andrew Carnegie taught me the quality that distinguished him from all others was persistence. Emerson taught me the laws of compensation, “honest service cannot come to loss . . . every stroke shall be repaid. The longer the payment is withheld the better for you; for compound interest on compound interest is the rate and usage of this bank.”



By most standards I have prospered. But that was not my bargain with life. I wanted more, not just to pile it up, but to do some good. Now I believe the opportunity I have waited for is here. The astute silver analyst Butler has laid it out for us in the clearest terms. No one that I have known has ever mastered a subject or presented a money making opportunity as clearly as Ted Butler has with silver.



According to Ted the price of silver has been artificially depressed for years. The price hasn’t reflected the true state of available supply or the reality of surging demand. If large banking and investment firms had not built up an inordinately high paper short positions, the price of silver would have been much higher. It was held down while the big boys engineered sell offs that lined their pockets. The game was rigged.



As a result of the low price a lot of silver was used up. Billions of ounces that were once counted in the above ground supply were utilized by industry and are gone forever. The U.S. government once counted as much as five billion ounces in their hoard. Now they have none. In fact they have become one of the world’s biggest buyers of silver for use in their coin programs.



Because of Ted Butler’s relentless crusading the cat is out of the bag and the silver shenanigans are under the spotlight. Government regulators have held hearings about putting limits on how much silver one firm can be long or short. The impact of these position limits would be profound. Not only would the big banks have to buy back silver to close out their short position they would have to refrain from taking the short side in the future. This would set the price free.



Ted Butler has postulated that this single event would send the price much higher. He also claims that it doesn’t matter if the government clamps down on the short sellers. A silver shortage will eventually drive up the price. Industrial demand along with soaring investment demand, have squeezed the supply to the point that delays are now being experienced by silver investment funds. One of Ted’s themes is that industrial users will begin to panic once they have trouble getting silver. This would send the price up in a hurry. In the meantime more and more investors are pouring into silver as the story gets out.



Other bullish factors include the numerous new industrial uses for silver, the difficulty in ramping up silver mining production, inscrutable Asian demand and the amount of silver that doesn’t exist in pool accounts that must be covered someday. Then there’s the possibility of inflation, a dollar crisis or an economic panic that causes a stampede into precious metals.



It seems clear to me. If silver does what Ted Butler says it will, then fortunes will be made by those who hold the metal. I’m a true believer and I’ve put my money into silver with the expectation of making a fortune. Now it’s a waiting game but I’m “all in.”

No comments:

Post a Comment