I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson.

debt clock

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another one the Mainstream Media seems to have missed

When I saw the GM TV commercial recently, w Big Fat (private jet flying) Liar GM CEO Ed Whitacre claiming GM had paid back his government Bailout loan, I threw up in my mouth a little bit, and then yelled at the idiot box, receiving, in the process, an evil glare and eye-roll from my wife.  Last night, Beth's Aunt Jeannie was visiting and asked me about the same thing (has Glen Beck been on top of this?)

Luckily, I didn't have to do a lot of research to confirm what I already knew ;  that this "payback" doesn't count the 60.8% ownership stake the American govt took in the company for which taxpayers are still on the hook.  What I didn't know was that they also got money from the Canadian govt, who now have a 11.7% Stake in GM, Making it more than 70% govt owned.  And he's using your tax dollars to brag aboiut what a good job he's doing?  While not as bad as the Giant Squid assholes, he's still an asshole.

read more

No comments:

Post a Comment